Our Services


Putting your money to work

We all need to keep a certain amount of money in the bank to cover day-to-day living and regular outgoings such as mortgage repayments, as well as having something in reserve for any unplanned spending. It is reassuring to know that there is a financial cushion there, but it may not pay to keep too much sitting idly in a bank account.

There is always the danger that, over the long term, the spending power of cash in the bank will be eroded by inflation if that takes off again, especially if interest rates do not keep pace with it. One way to fight inflation is to invest money you do not need at present in assets with the potential to grow in value and also provide income in the meantime.

Stocks and shares, also known as equities, are an important form of investment. These fluctuate in value day by day and usually pay dividends to shareholders. With values and dividends not guaranteed, stocks and shares are not for the short term and to mitigate risk it is best to spread such investment across a mix of companies.

Various pooled investments such as unit trusts and open-ended investment companies enable you to invest indirectly in a selection of shares. Using such vehicles means your investment portfolio may be spread across market sectors and global regions and may also include other asset classes such as property and fixed interest securities.

It is important to select investments that suit your finances and goals, so advice from an expert is important.

The value of an investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the original amount you invested. Equity based investments do not afford the same capital security as a deposit account. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Taxation reliefs, levels and bases can change in the future and the contents of this website refer to our understanding of current taxation legislation. This communication is for general information only and is not intended to be individual advice. It represents our current understanding of law and HM Revenue & Customs practice. You are recommended to seek competent professional advice before taking any action.